Thread: multilanguage content?

New user

Default multilanguage content?

Hello,

it seems all the current multilanguage solutions for typolight need different tree structures for different languages. Is it also possible to configure the system in a way that every content-item has all the language fields that are needed? f.e. i create a page with a text-element, and in this text element i can directly enter text for all the needed languages? In this way i always have the same site-structure for all the different languages.

Olaf

Official Contao Team

Default Re: multilanguage content?

Hi Olaf,

all menu items are build by the name you gave them, so a multilingual site will show the same menu names for each language.

May be try this extension - haven't used before.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    kind regards planepix

Official Contao team member - Official Contao partner
    workshop contao conference site 2011
    workshop contao conference site 2012

New user

Quote Originally Posted by planepix
    Hi Olaf,

all menu items are build by the name you gave them, so a multilingual site will show the same menu names for each language.

May be try this extension - haven't used before.
    I think i didn't make myself clear: i don't want to make seperate tree-structures for each language, i want to have one structure, and want the translations *inside* the content-items themselves.

On a sidenode: your reply implies that the navigation will be the same for every language? Isn't that strange?

Olaf

New user

Quote Originally Posted by olafmol
    On a sidenode: your reply implies that the navigation will be the same for every language? Isn't that strange?

Olaf
    [/quote]

Hi Olaf,

From a content flow and usability point of view keeping the same site structure for all languages does make sense. This way you provide the same access to information for all users. But of course it doesn't have to be the same.

As for your actual request, i am not sure how complex it would be to change the way TYPOlight handles language detection and the redirection to the relevant root structures to accommodate what you want to do. But i believe there is a javascript fix to link individual pages to their counterpart in the other languages' root site structure, so you can switch languages for the same content. I haven't used it myself as yet but i am sure there is someone in this forum who can point you into the right direction there. For this to work, the same site structure for every language is imperative.

Maybe this helps you out.

Clemens