Thread: Develop a TYPOlight Extension for Campaign Monitor

New user

Default Develop a TYPOlight Extension for Campaign Monitor

Hi there

Last week I had a chat with a really great Norwegian guy (Stig Morten Myre) from Campaign Monitor, about developing a TYPOlight Extension for Campaign Monitor.
    I asked him if it where something they maybe could be a part of and for that he answered this:
    As for building a TYPOlight Extension, that's not something we'd likely do inhouse. But if someone developed one using our API, we'd be happy to list it on our site along with the other plugins developed by our enthusiastic customers:
    http://www.campaignmonitor.com/downloads/
    I mean, wouldn't that be a great opportunity to expose TYPOlight for a lot of developer and designers out there

Campaign Monitor is a online hosted (SaaS) e-mail marketing tool, just like MailChimp but with the main difference that Campaign Monitor is rebrandable, so that you as a designer or developer can sell e-mail marketing to your clients, through a rebranded mirrored version of it, using your own domain.
    You decide how much you want to charge per recipient (Campaign Monitor needs to have $5 per campaign and $0.01 per recipient) everything above the $0.01 per recipient is yours, and your clients pays with their creditcards as they go.

So that would likely be something that would have great interest for many of us in here, who runs media, design or development businesses.

The only problem though is that Im not a developer, but a designer, so i cant make it on my own to release in here..
    - BUT i will gladly participate with good ideas and everything else i can do, if some developer also finds this project interesting
    Cheers!

Jimmy Rittenborg
    Follow me on twitter

New user

Default Re: Develop a TYPOlight Extension for Campaign Monitor

Hi, I just want to add that I just used Campaign Monitor for the first time and found it excellent. Integration with TL membership would be amazing!

Cheers

Mark

Sounds interesting, I'll take a look at the API today.

Cheers!

Experienced user

hey fsbliss

new APIs, why not go back and take a look at that other API and extension you have yet to release first!!!! I've got clients with goods to sell!!! How far has andreas gotten?

HAHAH

Yes Thyon, its extremely close to beta! Andreas and I have been working very hard together on the project and its really far along now. It won't be long at all!!

@Jimmy - I looked at the API this weekend. From what I can see of the example code, there is a fair amount to implement, and of course, the coding style is not up to TYPOlight Framework standards, so it would require a full rewrite. I don't have the spare time to go that far into it unfortunately right now but if no one else takes it on before the end of the year I may have a go.

New user

Hi guys I've been pretty busy in the last few days.. but its great to see that you like the idea..

@fsbliss that sounds not great.. but what if we maybe just could start out with just a simple list sync between TYPOlight and Campaign Monitor, that wouldn't be the biggest surgery? ..then people could start using it and then later someone could maybe refine it?

But it would of cause need to be build in a white-labeled way somehow, so that the agencies doesn't blow up their Campaign Monitor covers, just like what the system is all about.. :P
    Cheers!

Jimmy Rittenborg
    Follow me on twitter

Hi Jimmy,

Well, that helps knowing that you could just start with a list sync, sure that's possible.

But it would of cause need to be build in a white-labeled way somehow, so that the agencies doesn't blow up their Campaign Monitor covers, just like what the system is all about.. :P
    not quite sure what you mean, could you explain in a different way? Thanks!

Fred

New user

I mean that the Campaign Monitor system is meant to be rebranded, so does the TYPOlight Extension, otherwise there wouldn't be any idear of it, if your clients could see something about Campaign Monitor, they would properly think they could just buy the email marketing cheaper, directly from Campaign Monitor instead.
    So the TYPOlight Extension would need to have a pretty universal name, or maybe the über-administrator could individually rename the entire extension so that it would match their systems
    Cheers!

Jimmy Rittenborg
    Follow me on twitter

Understood, thanks for the clarification. I agree with you. I'll keep that in mind!

New user

Hi,

I was wondering what happened to this contao extension. Besides being rebrandable I noticed some other differences between Campaign Monitor and MailChimp. With MailChimp you are not able to send e-mail using your own domain, so you wil be sending e-mails from a very weird MailChimp base e-mail address. I also found clients adopt to the Campaign Monitor Interface much faster. This is why an contao extension would be a real good thing!

Regards,

David