Thread: Change the reply to address for forms send by email

User

Default Change the reply to address for forms send by email

I'd like to change the reply to address of emails sent by a generated form, it should be changed to the address entered by the person submitting the form. This enables me to press the reply button on received emails from the form.

How can I get this done? Through an (existing) extension? How to go about creating an extension that adds this option to standard form behavior if this extension does not exist yet?

Or perhaps I missed on some standard TL way to do it? ops:

Any help appreciated :D

Experienced user

Default Re: Change the reply to address for forms send by email

The FormAuto extensions adds the ability to store the data in a dynamically created form to match each field for that form. The reponses to the form can also be listed, edited and exported AND
    the form configuration allows you to add an HTML template that will be able to be sent to the formfield you select as the e-mail field (completed by the "user"). You can also specify any form (or all) insertttags in the subject line as well as in the confirmation HTML template you assign to the confirmation.

User

Hi Thyon,

In the options for "Add Confirmation E-mail" I can choose the field that is used to send to ("Confirmation E-mail Field") but I need to be able to choose the "Confirmation Sender" from the fields to be able to choose the reply-to address.

I think I'll go and reverse the two fields in the php code. That'll fix the problem as well.

Or did I miss the trick here ops:

User

ps, I've changed the formauto file (FormAuto.php) and switched to $from and $to addresses for the confirmation email. This makes it possible to specify a field that becomes the "reply-to" address.

But you need to make more changes if clients are to work with the module with this change because field labels for the sender and recipient fields are switched...