Thread: XOOPS module portable?

New user

Default XOOPS module portable?

Hi,

I've read through the available features list and tried the demo of Typolight and it meets most of my demands. However, using this CMS hangs on the possibility of adapting or rather porting a XOOPS module to work as a Typolight module.

I am no coder and have absolutely no experience in writing or adapting PHP scripts, so I'd need help. Basically, I know what the module should do and I also have a good idea where it should eventually be developed towards, but I can't myself write/re-write. Hence the questions:

Would a XOOPS module be portable to Typolight?
    Would someone or several from the developers be interested in working together on such a module?

The module itself is somewhat similar to PHPGedview, however much lighter. So far unfortunately the only CMS base for it are XOOPS and ImpressCMS, both of which do not cater to the rest of my needs.

Cheers,

Alba

User

Default Re: XOOPS module portable?

Hi,
    This depends entirely on what the modules does, if you give us some more details about database structure and function then we'd happily be able to tell you if Typo can suit your needs.

Cheers!

Default Re: XOOPS module portable?

Quote Originally Posted by alba
    Would a XOOPS module be portable to Typolight?
    I don't think so. It will need a complete recoding to make usage of the TL framework. However, you (most likely) will be able to get the same funcionality in TL.