Thread: Backend error message

New user

Default Backend error message

Hallo,
    since a few days I received the following errors in the Backend.

Runtime notice: Declaration of geRotate::Run() should be compatible with that of geMain::Run() in /homepages/5/d74746267/htdocs/dev/system/modules/graphicalelements/geRotate.php on line 3
    Runtime notice: Declaration of geMirror::Run() should be compatible with that of geMain::Run() in /homepages/5/d74746267/htdocs/dev/system/modules/graphicalelements/geMirror.php on line 45
    Runtime notice: Declaration of geReflection::Run() should be compatible with that of geMain::Run() in /homepages/5/d74746267/htdocs/dev/system/modules/graphicalelements/geReflection.php on line 111
    Runtime notice: Declaration of geGrayscale::Run() should be compatible with that of geMain::Run() in /homepages/5/d74746267/htdocs/dev/system/modules/graphicalelements/geGrayscale.php on line 43
    Runtime notice: Declaration of geSharpen::Run() should be compatible with that of geMain::Run() in /homepages/5/d74746267/htdocs/dev/system/modules/graphicalelements/geSharpen.php on line 56
    Runtime notice: Declaration of geRoundedCorners::Run() should be compatible with that of geMain::Run() in /homepages/5/d74746267/htdocs/dev/system/modules/graphicalelements/geRoundedCorners.php on line 85
    Runtime notice: Declaration of geShadow::Run() should be compatible with that of geMain::Run() in /homepages/5/d74746267/htdocs/dev/system/modules/graphicalelements/geShadow.php on line 84
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/5/d74746267/htdocs/dev/system/functions.php:122) in /homepages/5/d74746267/htdocs/dev/system/libraries/Template.php on line 174

Any idea what went wrong?
    I´m running version 2.6.3

Thanks in advance

Frank

User

Default Re: Backend error message

Quote Originally Posted by fmajert
    Hallo,
    since a few days I received the following errors in the Backend.

Runtime notice: Declaration of geRotate::Run() should be compatible with that of geMain::Run() in /homepages/5/d74746267/htdocs/dev/system/modules/graphicalelements/geRotate.php on line 3
    ... cut ...

Any idea what went wrong?
    I´m running version 2.6.3
    these "errors" are related to php 5.3 please contact the author of the extension
    p.s.
    there aren't errors but notices
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it

User

I'm also getting a similar "notice". You mentioned it's a php 5.3 issue but we're running php 5.2.10. The site actually works fine on another server running 5.2.5.

Runtime notice: Declaration of FTP::is_writeable() should be compatible with that of Files::is_writeable() in /home/artspion/public_html/system/libraries/FTP.php on line 38
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/artspion/public_html/system/functions.php:122) in /home/artspion/public_html/system/libraries/Template.php on line 174

Also, you mention it has to do with an extension, is there anyway to tell which one? I'm running two extensions:
    banner 1.8.0 stable
    Tell-A-Friend 1.0.0 stable

Thanks

User

I don't think my issue has anything to do with the extensions. This error has to do with my images. When I create an article and add an image element, I get the same note from above. If I try to click on the "file manager" I get the same note from above. Then on the front end, any page with an image called in from an article gets the same message. So, my template images show fine on the front end because they're getting pulled in through modules, css and templates. It looks like it's only an issue when an image is added to a page through an article element.

I'm running Typolight version 2.7.0 . I'm not sure if this is something that has been updated in the latest version of Typolight.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Justin
    I'm also getting a similar "notice". You mentioned it's a php 5.3 issue but we're running php 5.2.10. The site actually works fine on another server running 5.2.5.
    I've seen this error only on 5.3 installation so I think that was a 5.3 related error

Runtime notice: Declaration of FTP::is_writeable() should be compatible with that of Files::is_writeable() in /home/artspion/public_html/system/libraries/FTP.php on line 38
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/artspion/public_html/system/functions.php:122) in /home/artspion/public_html/system/libraries/Template.php on line 174

Also, you mention it has to do with an extension, is there anyway to tell which one? I'm running two extensions:
    you've posted an error different than the original. if you get this error:

then the "error" is (clearly) in graphicalelements extension
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it

Hi !

I´m the developer of that extension, and i have to look, why this happens.

I will solve it, surely

New user

I got the same Runtime Notice problem, I mentionned it in this post.

If you solved it since then, can you give me some hint ?

Thanks

Actually i´m developing the next version, with this you can do something like that (posted in the german forum)
    http://typolight-community.de/showpost. ... ostcount=6

Click on the image....

For a quick solution, exchange the geMain.php with this code :

Code:
    <?php if (!defined('TL_ROOT')) die('You can not access this file directly!');

class geMain
    {
    	protected $Data;

public function Run($img)
    	{
    	}

public function GetPalette()
    	{
    		return "";
    	}

public function GetDCA()
    	{
    		$moduleDCA = array();

return $moduleDCA;
    	}

public function Serialize($_setData)
    	{
    		$this->Data = deserialize($_setData);
    	}

public function Deserialize($_data)
    	{

}
    }
    ?>

User

you've posted an error different than the original. if you get this error:
    You're right, I posted an error different than the original, sorry I thought they might be related extensions. Turom has created another post with the FTP.php error and I put my solution to the error there. http://www.typolight-community.org/v...=6&t=469#p1623