Thread: Custom Navigation Causing Articles To Not Display

New user

Default Custom Navigation Causing Articles To Not Display

For whatever reason, my custom navigation bar is causing my text from my articles to not display.

Tried a couple of things - nothing seems to make the text display properly. Was hoping someone could take a look and maybe tell me what I'm missing?

Um, the text is supposed to (currently) read "WTF is going on?" because I was trying to test out what was up with the text. I had thought maybe my article had been too long until I removed the navigation and found the issue. I tried opening and closing out some div ids also, but that didn't work either. Also tried to close out some extra ul and li tags, no go there either.

Any ideas?

This is a test build, trying to get more user-friendly content involved... I'd like to use a horizontal menu but I'll live with a vertical if I have to. Or experiement with a Suckerfish, I'm just already so familiar with this menu...

New user

Default Re: Custom Navigation Causing Articles To Not Display

I abandoned my custom horizontal nav and went with the suckerfish.

Just a note to anyone who goes through what I went through using the tutorial to develop a Suckerfish nav:

If you don't plan on having a vertical nav anywhere on your website, delete the XNavigation.css file - or else you'll find yourself with a highly frustrating vertical nav that won't spread horizontal no matter what you do to the style sheet.