Thread: Semantic content and Page layout module

User

Default Semantic content and Page layout module

Hi All,

I am using typolight now for more then a year and it is one of the best systems I have ever seen. As well as for the user, the webdesigner and the developer.

But it is one drawback for me: the Page layout module is based upon columns. However web2.0 is based upon semantic content. And semantic content is not content divided in the visual layout, such as the Header, Footer or Left or Right column. So would it be possible to change the layout module so that it has content sections and within this sections the content is placed.

And then to add some stylesheets for column layout. So that it is still a fast practice to create a column layout.

I don't know how you think about this? And I am willing to develop this, but only when I know it is going to be used within the typolight system.

Kind Regards,
    Jaap Jansma
    Jaap Jansma

Walk Wise Webdesign

Experienced user

Default Re: Semantic content and Page layout module

Hi Jaap,
    I think this is already possible.
    If in your page layout you choose 1 column layout without a header/footer then you just have a main section.
    If you add "custom layout sections" (which you define in backend settings, and add in page layouts) and position them "inside the main column" then i think you have done what you are talking about ?????

It seems to me these "custom layout sections" are content sections (as you can place content within them by adding them in "Articles". You need to include "Articles" as a module in your custom section in the Page Layout to be able to publish content into them).
    I'm maybe missing your point???

User

Default Re: Semantic content and Page layout module

Hi,

Yes I use only main content in one column. I forget about the custom layout sections...
    It is not that it does not work or something but it is that typolight does not produce semantic content by default but more layout specific content. In semantic even header/footer is layout specific

Thanks,
    Jaap
    Jaap Jansma

Walk Wise Webdesign