Thread: forms user permissions

New user

Default forms user permissions

Hi,
    When a user makes a new form (which is allowed in the group settings), he can't edit or even see it. That's because the administrator has to allow the same user to edit it in the group settings. That's not logical. Why is that? Can't that be changed? Is there a work-around?
    Thanks in advance.

Just

New user

Default Re: forms user permissions

Personnaly I pre-create 10 forms then the user can edit them and change the fields as he wants. They generally don't need more than 10.

User

Quote Originally Posted by justs
    Hi,
    When a user makes a new form (which is allowed in the group settings), he can't edit or even see it. That's because the administrator has to allow the same user to edit it in the group settings. That's not logical. Why is that? Can't that be changed? Is there a work-around?
    I tried it in the online demo and works as expected.

user groups: -> edit editors -> enable form extension -> enable all fields of tl_form and tl_form_field -> login as h.lewis -> create form -> form appears to the user and user can edit it.
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it

New user

Thanks for the answers. Obviously something is wrong with my settings when the problem doesn't occur in the TL demo-installation. Or is there something else?

Personally I think the handling of users within TL is not very straightforward and prone to problems. In the first place I would like the user(group) settings to reflect automatically external changes, like system updates. I.m.h.o. the very long lists with all fields of all modules should be unnecessary for normal day-to-day use.

I get more messages from users who "all of a sudden" can't upload files, or see that all articles are greyed-out. The only solution I find in such cases is to make the user also an administrator. And that's exactly what I don't want...

Are there more people who have the same problems? Or am I the only one :?

Just

User

I'm having the same problem actually. Set it so the user group can see form generator and then gave them all the access for "tl_form" and "tl_form_field". When a user creates a new form, it's created but they don't have access to edit the form. I (being an administrator) have to go in and let them then have access to the form.

I tried the same setup on the demo site and noticed that it works as expected. So what am I missing?