Thread: Permission errors while installing with Safe Mode Hack

New user

Default Permission errors while installing with Safe Mode Hack

Hello everyone,

Now that I have solved my problem with install crashing during FTP Connection Check detailed at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=461, I have ran into another issue.

I have modified localconfig.php file to enable the Safe Mode Hack. So, now, when I navigate to install.php, the install program runs and it asks me correctly for the install tool password. Once I put in the password, I'm presented with the following bunch of error messages.

-------------------------------
    Warning: fopen(/home/ptest/public_html/typolight/system/tmp/1c4685effaa6432fbee885d9c98e43b6) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ptest/public_html/typolight/system/libraries/FTP.php on line 109
    Warning: stream_get_meta_data(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ptest/public_html/typolight/system/libraries/FTP.php on line 120
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ptest/public_html/typolight/system/functions.php:122) in /home/ptest/public_html/typolight/system/libraries/System.php on line 457
    Warning: fopen(/home/ptest/public_html/typolight/system/tmp/afbcefdce462b1b98dbdb7f60dc3f8fd) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ptest/public_html/typolight/system/libraries/FTP.php on line 109
    Warning: stream_get_meta_data(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ptest/public_html/typolight/system/libraries/FTP.php on line 120
    -------------------------------

Isn't the whole idea of a Safe Mode Hack to avoid these kinds of errors? What's more, is FTP.php file, for example, has permissions 644 on the web server of our provider, and typolight-check.php program recommends these permissions.

Please help me! I'm beginning to think God doesn't want me to succeed installing this.

Thank you very much in advance for any ideas!

Oleg Gabrielov

New user

Default Re: Permission errors while installing with Safe Mode Hack

Hi folks,

has anybody solved this problem??

Please tell me!!!

Greets,
    AnKa

New user

Hi folks,

rtfm! I took a look at this site:

http://www.typolight.org/using-the-safe-mode-hack.html

and there is described, that you have to set the permissions (CHMOD 777) to the following directories:

system/html
    system/logs
    system/tmp

Thats it!

Greets,
    AnKa

Experienced user

Glad you got this figured out, Anka. That's hilarious that you RTFM'd yourself! :lol:

One issue I've seen a lot is when people are able to install TYPOlight without using the SMH, but they try to enable it through Settings. It can't write the FTP variables to the config file, which is exactly why someone is trying to enact SMH. You almost always have to manually edit /system/config/localconfig.php to contain the FTP variables.

New user

Have tried the "safe mode hack" several times. Most dangerous! I cannot access the website at all (blank pages).
    Have to go in on the command line and remove the safe mode hack info in the localconfig.php file to restore my website.

BTW: Using the same user, password as when using my FTP client (Transmit) and VSFTPD on the server. Remote directory set to ftpPath='typolight_directory/', same as for the FTP client. FTP client works fine, but Typolight comes up with only blank pages when using the same info.