Thread: Help with Typolight Forums

New user

Default Help with Typolight Forums

Hi
    I'm fairly new to Typolight. I'm having a few problems with the forums.
    Firstly, is there no way to have sub categories under categories? such as a category called "support" and then under that other catagories for "product" and "service" and then post topics under those categories?

In my search to try this, I've found http://contifex.com/wiki/extensions:helpdesk which, near the bottom of the article describes Modules and Block Modules. "Create a title module for the frontend"

My typolight lacks this feature. I can't find it anywhere.

I'm also unable to get the Forum index to display all of my created Categories.

When I got to "Articles" and down to the Community Forum, and click to edit "Community forum - main [Main column]" I get an error that the page could not be displayed. In firefox I get a blank page that just said "done" (HTTP 500 Error)

Any advice or help with this will be appreciated.

New user

Default Re: Help with Typolight Forums

Quote Originally Posted by riverdusty
    Hi
    I'm fairly new to Typolight. I'm having a few problems with the forums.
    Firstly, is there no way to have sub categories under categories? such as a category called "support" and then under that other catagories for "product" and "service" and then post topics under those categories?

In my search to try this, I've found http://contifex.com/wiki/extensions:helpdesk which, near the bottom of the article describes Modules and Block Modules. "Create a title module for the frontend"

My typolight lacks this feature. I can't find it anywhere.

I'm also unable to get the Forum index to display all of my created Categories.

When I got to "Articles" and down to the Community Forum, and click to edit "Community forum - main [Main column]" I get an error that the page could not be displayed. In firefox I get a blank page that just said "done" (HTTP 500 Error)

Any advice or help with this will be appreciated.
    ok, sorted out most of my problems, getting a better grip on this, however, I'm continuing to have a problem with the Articles section. I add an article, make it the main part. I then add an element, and that all works, untill I click save.
    The changes are reflected on my website, but if i click to edit that article again, it just gives me a blank page or in IE says page cannot be displayed... this is really annoying as its keeping me from doing my job...