Thread: Auto fill field with username of member...

New user

Default Auto fill field with username of member...

Hello,
    I want to add to every elemnt of catalog fild with username of member witch have add record.
    something like this:
    User 1 | lipsum | 512-415-523 | 30-09-2009
    User 2 | lorem | value | 29-09-2009
    .[...]
    But i don't know how to do that :/

Experienced user

Default Re: Auto fill field with username of member...

you use the tl_member as your reference and then choose the username field as the display field. The ID is stored in the database, and you cannot change that (remember that when doing queries, etc.). When you display the catalog, it will also automatically add all the fields for each member to the template data array, making it possible to display any value (email, phone, etc) of that member, next to each catalog field you've defined.

New user

@thyon i have already done something like this...
    In backend Type: Select, Options -> tl_member->username;
    But i want to auto fill every new field with username of user whitch is adding new record and now i must select from list correct record [attachment]...

Experienced user

The form you are showing is the FE (front-end), and the Front-End editing is not yet completed and will not contain all the features of the back-end. To duplicate all of Leo's work in the BE to the FE is not going to happen any time soon, as it will in itself be a mammoth undertaking.

The current Catalog cannot have invisible fields. If you are using this in the front-end, you can specify hidden fields to store into a catalog field and you can use the {{user::id}} to capture the current user's logged in ID. This only works in the FE.