Thread: Fade effect for Dropline menu

New user

Default Fade effect for Dropline menu

Hi everyone,
    I implemented a CSS-based dropline menu (modified Suckerfish menu, with nav_default.tpl) into a site I am working on. Now I was wondering if there is a way to use Mootools for a nice blend over effect. How do I have to modify the menu template? Has anyone experience with that?
    Thanks!

Experienced user

Default Re: Fade effect for Dropline menu

I would find a mootools or jquery menu script that already has the effects that you need ... unless you're good with programming effects.

New user

Default Re: Fade effect for Dropline menu

Hi Ben,
    thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am not much of a programmer. I realized that the new TYPOlight web site also has a fade effect in the main menu and I tried to figure out how they did it. Safari Developer Console shows for each ul level_2 element an inline style * style="visibility: visible; zoom: 1; opacity: 1; " * Interestingly I couldn't find that in the source code... Anyway I tried to include that line in my nav_default.tpl, but with no success.
    To use a mootools effect, do I have to write one first and then call it in the template? Or are the core effects already "built in"? I saw that mootools has different categories of scripts, some come with the core, some are plugins... There is not much documentation out there that helps people with no programming skills like me...
    Any hints from anyone??