Thread: speed of TL-handling

New user

Default speed of TL-handling

Hi,

I'm working with a couple of TL-powered websites that are hosted at different providers. I have some problems with the handling speed of all of the websites. Occasionally I have to wait 30 secs for a simple save within TL. Sometimes a simple icon hangs the loading of the next page, sometimes the system has difficulties to make a connection with the server.

As always with this kind of problems, it's really hard to find the cause. As I have the problem with more than one hosting provider, I think the hosting itself is not the problem. My ADSL-connection seems to be fine. Leaves TL itself.

Could someone tell me which factors influence the speed of TL-handling? Does it matter if you switch off unused extensions? Are there other things I could do to speed up TL? Do others have my kind of speed-problems?

Ciao,

Just

New user

Default Re: speed of TL-handling

I wonder if the MySQL database engine be the culprit? Do you have any other db-driven applications hosted with that same provider, and are they slow also?

FWIW, I have a single instance of TL v.2.7.4 serving 66 unique web roots and the software is as speedy today as it was when newly installed with just a lone site running.

--V
    Vincent Grovestine ~ Programmer/Web Analyst @ Acadia University