Thread: No layout specified in Articles

User

Default No layout specified in Articles

I have several installations of TypoLight. In one of my client installations, after a recent upgrade to v2.7.5, when I go to articles to edit an article, in IE 8, the screen goes blank. In Firefox 3.x, an error appears that says "No Layout Specified".

I haven't seen this before, and it appears to be consistent throughout all of the page articles in the main column.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

I've tired restoring restoring from an earlier backup that was working, and no luck with that. I've also reinstalled the upgrade to v2.7.5 and checked to esnure that everything is working.

This seems to be associated with the upgrade to 2.7.5, although it is unique to one of three installations i'm working with. This is on a Linux/Apache server.

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

New user

Default Re: No layout specified in Articles

It may sound odd, but i recall having a similar issue, what i ended up doing was editing and re-saving the layout and the associated pages. This seemed to update everything.

You may also want to make sure that all your files were overwritten correctly in the upgrade and that your file permissions are set correctly
    Internet Marketing is both measurable and accountable.
    On Twitter Marketing Guy
    On LinkedIn Nigel Copley
    On Facebook Caroco Marketing

User

I have just had this error and tried everything suggested above. It happend on version 2.7.2 so i updated to version 2.7.5. This didn't work.

I then uninstalled the 'summerised feeds' module and could access all my pages again.

Ben
    360fusion: Virtual Tours - Web Design
    Social Media: Twitter - Facebook Page

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_360fusion
    I have just had this error and tried everything suggested above. It happend on version 2.7.2 so i updated to version 2.7.5. This didn't work.

I then uninstalled the 'summerised feeds' module and could access all my pages again.

Ben
    yes sorry that was also something else i did - made sure all my extensions were up to date and db was updated
    Internet Marketing is both measurable and accountable.
    On Twitter Marketing Guy
    On LinkedIn Nigel Copley
    On Facebook Caroco Marketing

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_360fusion

Ben
    Thanks Ben! This worked like a charm. As soon as I uninstalled "summarizefeeds" extension, I could begin to edit the articles again.

It appears that TypoLight is developed on a UNIX platform including the online demo, and I have seen several errors in my installations on a Linux/Apache server that have problems that are not duplicatable on the online demo by Leo, but do in fact exist.

Is the server you are on a Linux/Apache instead of UNIX?

User

Hi all!
    I have the same problem with articles, that contain content element "Text"
    My install haven't summarize feed modile, and DB updated.

Any ideas?

Experienced user

What version do you use? What extensions are installed? Is the error in the front or backend? Are any error messages listed?

User

Hi Ben!
    I use TL v.2.7.5. with extensions:
    backend_filterwiz
    backend_tabletree
    efg
    formfieldset
    taxonomy
    xls_export

Error message shown in backend when i try to edit article (tl_content table). This problem occurred after installing Catalog 2 alpha.
    Something went wrong with tl_content table in DB, i think...