Thread: Any hosted providers out there ?

New user

Default Any hosted providers out there ?

Short version - I was asked to help with a comunity website which was being developed using TYPOlight, but now it turns out that the site where it was hosted was only temporary and I need to find somewhere new.

From what I can gather the 'normal' way of doing things is to install the code on your own server and then generate and publish the content. My problem is that I don't have a server to install on . . . but I do have the content.

In general, are there hosted services out there where I can just turn up with my content and whack it into an existing TYPOlight install ? If there is such a thing this would be great. If not, then it looks like the scope of 'updating the website' just kind of expanded big time into server management, etc . . . .

z

User

Default Re: Any hosted providers out there ?

Are you sure you don't need some help or to read more about moving a website? :roll:

You do not need a "TYPOlight" install. All you need is to check if the new server is windows (if so you need to disable url rewrite first), copy all files from the old server, backup the database. Then place all of these things back onto the new server and set the correct read/write permissions where needed. You may need to run the install script to set up the correct database variable or just edit the localconfig manually.

This will move the website without any problems in most cases as long as the new server meets all of the TYPOlight requirements.

But if you do not have the files, then you've lost the templates (if any) and images and some other important things. You could try and install a fresh TYPOlight install of the same version as the old was. Then empty the database and copy in the new.....

(I realized at the end of what I've written that the last sentence is probably what you need )