Thread: Installation stalls after asking for new password

New user

Default Installation stalls after asking for new password

Hi guys,

I want to use TypoLight for my kids' school website and I've had PHP and MySQL enabled and copied 2.7.5 to the web folder.

However when I try to run the install script, it asks me for the install password, which I enter OK, and then asks me to enter a new password. However, no matter what I enter, it simply re-displays the same page. No errors, no nothing (except when I enter a password less than 6 characters, in which case it also displays a message telling me that the password must be longer than 6 characters).

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Cheers,
    Paul.

Default Re: Installation stalls after asking for new password

Did you run the TYPOlight check? You might need to enable the SafeMode-Hack.

User

Any solutions for this? I am running into this problem today as well. Safe mode is enabled, and TL check says it's necessary.

Code:
    Operating system	 	Linux	Linux[removed] 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Thu Sep 3 03:33:56 EDT 2009 i686
    Create directory	•	Error	Error creating directory "typolight-check"
    Directory permissions	•	0	Recommended directory permission setting is 775 or 755 or 750.
    Directory owner	•	root	The new directory should be owned by mhurd.
    Create file	•	Error	Error creating file "typolight-check.txt"
    File permissions	•	0	Recommended file permission setting is 664 or 644 or 640.
    File owner	•	root	The new file should be owned by mhurd.

Experienced user

You need to manually change the file permissions on the directories that the check tool is marking as red (or have your host do it if you cannot). Typolight does not have permission to write as root, not mhurd, is the owner.

User

Got it working after all!

I managed to dig this up on the wiki and followed it exactly. http://dev.typolight.org/wiki/1/TutorialsChecklist

I'm not using the safe mode hack as my FTP server requires connections via SFTP - as a result, changing anything on the backend w/ the hack is agonizingly slow.

I will see about registering for the wiki and changing the title of that particular page. I happened to stumble across it completely by accident - the current title makes no indication of installation, nor is it linked to from any of the documentation I could find. I'm sure it's outdated but I found it infinitely more helpful than the current documentation.