Thread: problem with article navigation

New user

Default problem with article navigation

Hello

I have a problem to find out how article navigation css works.

When I install a clean installation I get article navigation bullets like in the picture below.

Previous

When I install the music template I get some inline navigation like this

Previous 1 2

And now the problem, I make all music css parts in the typolight backend invisible and still the inline navigation remains as it is. It only disappears when I uncheck the css clas in the page layout.

So I am wondering, how come this this differs? What do I need to do in a clean/basic setup to get the article navigation as in the music academy template?. Add css style part seems not to be enough.

Kind regards,
    Andre Klein Kranenbarg
    an enthusiastic Typolight learner
    Netherlands

User

Default Re: problem with article navigation

This is different because the music academy also adds a css file (music_academy.css) to the html. If you add the .pagination css code that is in that stylesheet to your css it would probably display the same. Or at least it should. I've never used article navigation to be honest, but I cannot imagine the class name is different. If the below code does not work you can lookup what the correct class name is for the navigation in the HTML source. Just change .pagination to .*class name*

I copied it here:
    Code:
    .pagination li{display:inline;margin:0;padding:0;list-style-type:none;}
    #tps td{padding:2px 4px;}
    .pagination{margin-top:22px;padding-top:4px;border-top:1px solid #ece4d9;}
    #tps .col_0{width:80px;}
    .pagination p{width:160px;float:left;padding-right:3px;padding-left:3px;text-align:left;}
    #tps .explanation{padding-bottom:24px;}
    .pagination ul{width:240px;float:right;margin:0;padding:0 3px;text-align:right;}
    This is not in default because there are as little as possible styles applied I guess. I prefer it that way. :geek: