Thread: Contiuous musicplayer

User

Default Contiuous musicplayer

I am going to build a site for a musician.
    I would like to have a music player installed (visible, so visitor had freedom in play, stop, volume etc) but which does not stop when navigating through the site.

Is there a charming way to accomplish this with html/css? So without building it in either complete flash, or using frames?

Experienced user

Default Re: Contiuous musicplayer

Usually people have a music player open in a new window, but I recently found a nice implementation of what you're trying to do. I haven't investigated how they do it, but have a look at this:

• Go to http://plover.bandcamp.com/track/all-eyes and click play[/*:m:qyrxntja]
    • Click the first instance of Plover in "from Plover by Plover"[/*:m:qyrxntja]
    • The new page plays the song at the exact same point[/*:m:qyrxntja]

New user

I need to do this as well.

Ben, the player you've found looks like it's exactly what we're looking for. I've looked at the code and it seems to be a completely js/html/css implementation with no flash at all! I like.

Now how to get it? Ideas?

Experienced user

Without carefully studying the code, I'm not sure how to do this. I imagine it is a custom solution and the track name and play time are stored in session variables.