Thread: New website trouble

User

Default New website trouble

I think a website should be intuitive and shouldn't take time to get used to. For example the Dutch website tweakers.net got a big overhaul if you compare it to about 3 years back, it looked completely different afterwards, but everything you could need was right where you'd expect it to be and even better. They recently upgraded the pricewatch, again making it even better and more intuitive; I do not miss the old interface one bit...

The new TYPOlight website interface takes a thought when navigating. I cannot argue everything is nicely categorized. But I do have to search for most items first, second and even third times I'm on the website. Now I know where everything is, but with the old website and the one before that I never had to look because it was right where I suspected it to be. Innovations are always welcome, but I do not think this layout is an improvement.

Is this worth considering? Am I the only one who has this? ops:

Experienced user

Default Re: New website trouble

Vera, I understand what you're talking about, although it doesn't bother me. The word selections for the main navigation (to the right of the logo) are somewhat esoteric, although well organized and relatively easy to understand. One thing I initally found it difficult to find were the screencasts. I had to use the site's search function to find them. I think there should be one page for "books" and another page for "screencasts".