Thread: Catalog Refence Module, can't reference the same table?

New user

Default Catalog Refence Module, can't reference the same table?

Hi All,

first, thanks to everyone who has contributed to the catalog plugin, i'm finding it to be extremely useful.

I have a few questions which I can't seem to solve. I have a product table created in Catalog and I would like to create a related products module, however the way the products relate isn't as straight forward as if matching certain fields in the product table (which seems to be how the 'Catalog Related' works).

Instead I am trying to use a tags field and select products which relate manually.
    The tag type in the catalog column builder lets me reference the same table, which is great!

However the Catalog Reference Module does not let me reference the same table as the referee table.

Is there a reason for this? Am I missing something?

thanks again

Experienced user

Default Re: Catalog Refence Module, can't reference the same table?

that's because reference module wasn't designed that way, e.g. for nested table entries. It was designed where a DIFFERENT catalog is referenced by a single value.

The module that you need is the Catalog Related Module, but it doen't cater for nested entries because you have the current value manually seletable. Another option would be to select that the "genre" be the same, but also add your own condition which can include a catalog self-referal, e.g.

[Condition]
    FIND_IN_SET({{catalog::id}}, {{catalog::relatedids}})>=0

That should allow you to check if the current ID is located in the relatedids field (tags I presume). and if so, then return those values.