Thread: Problem with Slimbox/Lightbox

Default Problem with Slimbox/Lightbox

Oi,
    I'm using the Typolight for the first time, so on so good, except....
    I have the problem with Slimbox, when I click on the image, it just open as a normal picture in the same window, no lighbox effect with popuping, etc.

In Article I add text and choose "Add an image", selected one, give it the width and height size and enable "Full-size view".
    But there is no effect.

I really don't know what could be the problem.

HELP PLEASE
    Web design agency - EDsolution.si Izdelava spletnih strani

User

Default Re: Problem with Slimbox/Lightbox

Is javascript enabled?
    Does the template include mootools? (check that in the websites source html)

Yes i have the mootools included and slimbox:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="plugins/mootools/mootools.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="plugins/slimbox/js/slimbox.js"></script>
    What do you mean if javascript is enable, you must enable it in back end?

User

No, on your browser, and are there any javascript errors and such. Does this work in another browser? Does it work on any tl website? (Try the showcase area to find some more websites so you can test if perhaps the browser is acting up)

I think that there is not the problem in browser, cause as I said the Typolight demo work's fine (in the same browser). I tested in IE but the problem is the same.

User

You never said the demo works fine.

Are you testing using FF? It tells you about any javascript errors. Do you use scripts other then the standard TL ones? You need to systematically take out everything that you do not need html and js just as much as you need until it works again. Compare to the demo to see what is different.

You can also do the reverse and use only tl standard things, minimum content and see if it works. Then add your own things untill it stops working. I'm afraid testing what is wrong or showing an url so others can debug is the only thing there is to do. I cannot see what you did and cannot help any further then I did without an example. ops:

Ok I figure it out. The problem was that i have put the slimbox.css in my "style.css" and he didn't read it from my style, i don't know why, but ok. I just copy, paste in my head <link rel="stylesheet" href="plugins/slimbox/css/slimbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" /> and how its allright.

thanks for your help

User

Doesn't sound logical, but very well... Problem solved :lol: