Thread: styling images

User

Default styling images

What I want to do: use images in various contexts on the site, some with a border and some not (for example), but doing this without having to run to my style sheet 10 times a day, or if I have to do that, let me control whether there is inline styling or not.

example: if you have a text content element in an article and you ad an image to that, then add styling such as float, that float is done with inline style, BUT any visual styling is done with the external css. You can't control both at the same time UNLESS you don't float are write a new css rule to style the image_container class ... which would then style every such class on the site, which I don't want to do. And here's the problem: NO WAY to add an additional class or id when adding an image to a text content element.

Okay, then just add an image content element by itself then style it with any css rules I want! I could do that, BUT in the interface there is no way to add inline positioning styling like there is with the add image to a text element interface. This means every time I want to make an exception, I have to create a new style.

does this make sense?

bottom line: the inconsistancy in handling images between content elements (image and text) is kind of a pain in the neck!

does someone have any ideas? possible solutions would be great. And maybe changing up the way TL handles images would be good too (unless I'm totally missing something).

Thanks!
    Cheers,

--- Link removed according to the forum rules ---
    Follow me on Twitter

User

Default Re: styling images

1. Create classes in your stylesheet for each variation you wish to have. Like: importantImageLeft, importantImageRight, productExample[/*:m:3i2b4g0n]
    2. Add the classes to a content elements class name. A content element text can only contain 1 image. So you let the stylesheet do positioning and visual style. I do not see why you cannot add a class or id when you also add an image.[/*:m:3i2b4g0n]

Your explanation was really hard to understand, so I might have gotten it wrong.