Thread: Form Generator 3rd party integration?

User

Default Form Generator 3rd party integration?

I built a very simple form using the default form generator and was wondering if TL has an option to change the form's action? For example, a form on subscribe.html could have an action of "http://anotherdomain.com/api" rather than just "subscribe.html"

If this isn't possible, can either the EFG or formauto extension accomodate this? If not I'll just build out the form as a custom HTML module and redo the validation via jQuery, so no big deal either way.

New user

Default Re: Form Generator 3rd party integration?

I too would love to see an external URL action added to the form generator itself. The ability to post to third-party survey and courseware tools is high on the list of feature requests here at the university. Granted one can just paste form code into a HTML content element as @markhurd said, but that's a messy workaround when the form generator works so nicely.

--V
    Vincent Grovestine ~ Programmer/Web Analyst @ Acadia University

Experienced user

Mark / Vincent,

This sounds like a good idea to have the form action allow external URL's for services like IceBrrg. I recommend you add this is a feature request in the TYPOlight Redmine. It looks like TL 2.8.0 is wrapped up (http://dev.typolight.org/projects/roadmap/typolight), but maybe Leo is still open to adding new features.

User

Thanks Ben, I've added it as feature #1158.