Thread: error trying to activate installation

User

Default error trying to activate installation

Hi everyone

I have succesfully uploaded the extracted Typolight package to my html directory, but when I try to activate the installation or the typolight-check I get this error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /var/www/html/typolight-check.php on line 64

Does anybody know why this happens?

Kind regards, Pino

User

Default Re: error trying to activate installation

It seems as if you fail an important requirement; PHP5.

Experienced user

User

Thanx Vera & Ben

I have contacted the hosting company, they move my site to another server where all the criteria are met.

Thanks again :-)

User

Default Oh no, the fun continues :-/

Hi again

I've been away for a couple of days, and now, trying to pick up where I left, I am faced with this new exotic message:

Warning: fopen(/home/.sites/50/site251/web/system/tmp/b962e11f21f789f16432caaa9704a81b) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/.sites/50/site251/web/system/libraries/FTP.php on line 122
    Warning: stream_get_meta_data(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/.sites/50/site251/web/system/libraries/FTP.php on line 133

Everything seemed to go well, green lights all over FTP land, then I had to give a new password (instead of typolight), and bingo: warning message :-(((

Anybody have a suggestion ?

Thanks!

Experienced user

My guess is that the FTP path is not set correctly. Maybe it should be something like /home/.sites/50/site251/web/. Basically, when you FTP into the server, you need to set the path that gets you to the root of your installation. To clarify, you are talking about the password in the install script, right?

User

Default Oy! Fast reply!

Goodness, that was fast! Thank you Ben.

Well I try the best I can to solve this on my own, so I won't have to constantly be writing posts here ;-) But the serverside settings are quite unknown land to me.

I'll try to take your suggestion on the FTP path to my hosting company tomorrow morning (it's late eve here in DK). I'm a bit surprised though, cause everything flashed green before this screen came up (attached).

See system check: http://test.plasque.com/typolight-check.php

kind regards

User

Default ... btw

I got rid of the long text error message by setting the three folders in the system to chmod 777

So it's a new problem so to speak.

Experienced user

Try changing the file permission of /system/config/localconfig.php from 755 to 777. I know this shouldn't matter if you're using FTP to modify files, but it's worth trying.

User

Default uuuuurgh ...

sorry :-|

Thank you for your latest reply Ben. Changed the localconfig.php file permission, but no change.

My problem right now is, that I can't get past the Install Script Password screen. It doesn't seem to eat the pw I enter, though it is a perfectly valid one ... no error messages, just refreshing screen with no changes.

User

I had the same problem as you a week or two ago. See my post below for info on how I was able to get it working:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=690#p2827

User

Default still can't get past "change password" dialog

Hi ... and thanks for all your replies!

I still can't get past "change password" dialog :-( When I try to type in an valid pw like billy22kid, it just refreshes the screen and displays the same dialog again, without changing anything.

I tried the recipe markhurd suggested, no change. Did the procedure except for "recursively", which I presume means repeatedly? Once I have changed a files permission to 777, I can't re-enter that same permission.

Can anyone help?

Kind regards, Pino

Experienced user

Hi, if you look at your system check tool you'll see dozens of "red" lines ... these indicate an installation problem.
    In your case all your folders are ok (green) but all your files are the wrong permission (they're all 755 and they need to be 664).
    You can recursively change them with an ftp programme, or you can get your hosting company to change them, or you can delete everything and try again.
    Nothings going to work properly while its like that.

Experienced user

BTW - Recursively means "everything within that folder"...its something you can tell your ftp programme to do.
    So if you go to your top level folder, and tell your FTP programme to recursively change files to 644, it will change all files (and leave all folders as they are) with that one command.