Thread: editing the HTML Source in an article

New user

Default editing the HTML Source in an article

While changing the text in an article I cannot edit the HTML Source when clicking on the HTMLbox. I obtain a white (milky) screen and a javascript! notice (in the left down corner). Thanks for support to a Typolight beginner making first steps.

New user

Default Re: editing the HTML Source in an article

Quote Originally Posted by doremi
    While changing the text in an article I cannot edit the HTML Source when clicking on the HTMLbox. I obtain a white (milky) screen and a javascript! notice (in the left down corner). Thanks for support to a Typolight beginner making first steps.
    What does the Javascript error say? What browser/OS are you using? If you use a different browser, does the problem still occur?

--V
    Vincent Grovestine ~ Programmer/Web Analyst @ Acadia University

New user

Thank you for your concern. Your questions already partly solved the problem. I can correctly edit the HTML source on my laptop (Vista/Firefox). On my desktop (Vista) the problem remains on both browsers (Firefox/Explorer). On Explorer I have the following message :
    Ligne: 2
    Caractère: 1
    Erreur: 'tinyMCEPopup' est indéfini
    Code: 0
    URL: http://www.doremi.ch/plugins/tinyMCE/th ... editor.htm

Please find a printscreen attachment. Thanks again for your help.

[attachment=0:2k5982h0]Printscreen Typo.jpg[/attachment:2k5982h0]

Experienced user

It is possible that you do not have all of the necessary files for TinyMCE. You may want to reupload the files to /plugins/tinyMCE. Let us know if this helps.

New user

Thank you for your advice. As a typolight beginner I unfortunately don't know how to reupload the files to /plugins/tinyMCE. Any help welcome.

Experienced user

You would use FTP access, which is probably how you got the files on your server to begin with.

New user

Help! I'm getting the same problem, across different websites, IE and firefox on vista and Windows 7. It's the second time I've had this problem and a system restore fixed it the first time but it hasn't this time and I don't want to keep rolling back my windows updates, surely there must be a better solution. I have just upgraded to 2.8.1 on one of my sites and the problem persists, I have also tried re-uploading the tinyMCE files in the plugins folder - that hasn't helped either.

For info, I have tried on a Windows XP and no problems there at all. This is rendering Typolight almost unusable for me, as I can't complete the sites I am working on, and I don't have regular access to Windows XP.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; MS-RTC LM 8)
    Timestamp: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 20:47:00 UTC

Line: 1
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.~~~~~~~~~.co.uk/plugins/tiny ... _editor.js

User

I am on vista and IE8, latest update and four 2.8.1 websites to test with (2 updates from earlier versions just before websites initial releases and 2 completely new 2.8.1) I did not get the problem on my own, nor on two other computers with vista....

Clear the cache, reset all settings of IE8 to the original settings and make sure you do not have any plugins running to test if all is well.

New user

Just a quick update in case anybody else gets this problem...

Tested it on a mac and it works fine... Still a problem for me though because i'm on a PC. Came across a post in the 'igrOOps' forum - some guy had the same problem and said it was his Kaspersky internet security - that's what I use too.

So I disabled Kaspersky and get it working on IE again. Firefox has improved in that I can now see the edges of the popup box, but still no content - so that one is a mystery, but at least I can work on my sites again!!

New user

Ok, final update...
    To be more specific, the problem was Kaspersky's 'Anti-banner' function. When I re-enabled Kaspersky but disabled the Anti-banner it worked perfectly in FF and IE. I wanted to keep anti-banner, so i've gone into the settings and added my sites to the whitelist. All is well.