Thread: accordion behaviour in IE

User

Default accordion behaviour in IE

Hi,

I searched in several topics but couldn't find anything related to it yet. But am I the only one that if Mootools is being set to "closed_all" or whatever setting (exept the "- " setting offcourse) the accordion always stretches out completeley before closing it all in IE8 or less versions. FF and other browsers listen well to the settings.
    I am using the start and stop variation of the accordion.
    Anyone any ideas?

Regards Attila

Experienced user

Default Re: accordion behaviour in IE

Attila,

I do not fully understand your problem. Are you saying that all accordions are fully-expanded on page load and they collapse after the page is fully-rendered? Do the accordions function properly? Maybe you can provide us with a link and further explanation of the problem.

User

Hi Ben,

Yeah offcourse a link is good way of showing it :D . Thow I might add that between the accordion there's also a tab. Therefor some slowness is "added" to the bunch off things that are loading. The slowness is more of a js problem 'cause it's loading 16 times in stead of only ones.
    Nevertheless before the tabs were added it allready showed the thing u will see...
    The link http://vulvapoli.nl/adressen.html

Experienced user

You could try moving your accordion JS to the top of the page or use a different event caller from domready. I think you could use initialize instead, but I'm not 100% sure.

User

Sorry but I don't follow you all the way Ben. You mean I should change something somewhere? So where do I change this? In the template?

Experienced user

I was suggesting that you go into Templates, create a new fe_page.tpl and move the following line from near the bottom to either the head or the top of the body.
    Code:
    <?php echo $this->mootools; ?>

User

Hi Ben,

I moved it but it didn't do the trick. Try to cut back on the number of adresses to 2. Thow it was definetly quicker, it still opens everything first. With everything filled up, FF does it still in an acceptable time and well. So my guess is that it's something IE does not like very much :cry:
    The thing with the initializing u mentioned earlier remaines the way it is while I do not understand it and need an example.