Thread: Inserting Google maps

New user

Default Inserting Google maps

I just tried completing the textual address on my test site with code obtained from Google maps (to show the map image), but when I save my article (HTML element, of course)... half of the Google's HTML code disappears!
    Looks like the HTML given is interpreted before being saved (so the "&amp;" turns into "[&]"), and that the "<iframe>...</iframe>" stuff is discarded (hope I described it well enough...)
    Any suggestion?

~ Lou

User

Default Re: Inserting Google maps

You may have to insert it as an HTML content element instead of a text element. I'm not sure how TL might parse a URL string like that.

Also, take a look under Settings > Security Settings > Allowed HTML Tags. Make sure that iframe is included in the list. I've had to make several adjustments to this section, otherwise TL will automatically remove the tags from your content elements after you save them. I was trying to include a <script> tag before realizing I hadn't given TL permission to use it!

New user

Quote Originally Posted by markhurd
    Also, take a look under Settings > Security Settings > Allowed HTML Tags. Make sure that iframe is included in the list.
    Thanks Mark!
    That was the problem, not having <iframe> allowed in HTML code.

~ Lou

Experienced user

You may also want to look into these gmap extensions: http://www.typolight.org/extension-list ... ps&x=0&y=0