Thread: Navigation with "titles" inbetween

User

Default Navigation with "titles" inbetween

Hi,

I would like to create a navigation where the whole website structure is visible at once. And there should be titles for the different sections. The HTML code should look like this:

Code:
    <ul>
    <li class="title">Title 1[*]<a href>Item 1.1</a>[*]<a href>Item 1.2</a>
    <li class="title">Title 2[*]<a href>Item 2.1</a>[*]<a href>Item 2.2</a>[/list]
    My idea was that the items should be sub-pages of the title pages. But now I don't know how I can achieve that the titles do not get any links.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Which navigation module is the best one for this?

To say is that this is only the "quick links" navigation. I will need to create a normal navigation as well. That's why I am unsure what template I can modify and which ones not.

Experienced user

Default Re: Navigation with "titles" inbetween

It is a good practice to have actual pages for root level / category header pages. I would make your title pages be overviews of all items they contain. Otherwise, you may want to try using a different custom navigation for each title section.

User

Default Re: Navigation with "titles" inbetween

Thanks, Ben. As I wrote in the first page this is only about the "quick links" menu. I do have category pages etc. within the normal menu tree.

I could already solve this problem. My solution was to use custom navigation but I had to move the UL-tag into the mod_navigation. Not really the best solution but at least it works.