Thread: echo $this->total & echo $this->comment Count doesn't work!

New user

Default echo $this->total & echo $this->comment Count doesn't work!

Hi,
    ive installed the gallery extension and got a problem with displaying the number of comments and the total amount of photos in the template gallery_short.tpl
    Its kind of strange because there are no problems with displaying the total amount of photos in the default template (gallery_defaul.tpl). The line "echo $this->commentCount" doesn't work in both templates.

Does anybody has a solution for this?

Ive got TYPOlight 2.7.6.

Experienced user

Default Re: echo $this->total & echo $this->comment Count doesn't work!

Well the total number of images is a checkbox in the Gallery List Module, so if you didn't check that, it won't be setup. Also, the commentcounts are only added if there are actually comments (at least 1 comment) for that gallery and its activated for comments.

New user

Default Re: echo $this->total & echo $this->comment Count doesn't wo

Hi, I've Contao 2.9.1 and Gallery 0.8.1 and the total images doesn't appear for me too, but only in the gallery list module, when using the "gal_short" template. Of course, I've checked the "Date" and "Image quantity" as meta-fields, but only the date appears.
    Finally, I've activated the "show preview" in the gallery list, and it works :shock: . My idea was not to show the pictures, so I don't find that this is a satisfying solution.

Experienced user

I have the same config... Gallery build 23 and this is the screenshot showing clearly that there are 8 images (as checked in the meta list) on the Gallery Viewer page:

[attachment=0:2dc4s7xz]gallery-qty.jpg[/attachment:2dc4s7xz]

New user

I've activated the "show preview" in the gallery list, and it works now, BUT — and it is a wished thing, even if it's seems to be a bug — the pictures don't appear!
    You can see the final result at http://www.broc.ch/galeries-photos.html (it was a lot of work with CSS to go from version 0.7 to 0.8 !!!)

Experienced user

If there are no pictures to be shown, it cannot display the gallery quantity, because if you're only going to list the galleries, I don't want to have to parse the sub-folders and count how many images there are, just to get the totals. The best option is just to make it show the gallery items and then use a template that just disregards the $this->body (image matrix).