Thread: Catalog and other extensions not approved for 2.7.6

User

Default Catalog and other extensions not approved for 2.7.6

I've installed Catalog and other related / required extensions but the Extensions Manager says these are not approved for 2.7.6

Now when I downloaded TL I thought it was good practice to download the most up-to-date stable release but I'm now having doubts. But what are the risks of going back to an earlier version? Are others running Catalog + it's dependencies + Taxonomy OK under 2.7.6?

I ask this as I'm having problems with taxonomy (I know this not the taxonomy forum but many people use it with catalog). I In the Catalog tutorial it talks about linking to the taxonomy tree but I don't see how to create the tree. When I click on taxonomy in the menu and then on New Term and then on the icon on the right (can't see what it is meant to represent) I get a screen to add a Name & Alias. I can't see an Add Tree option anywhere.

Help appreciated.

Experienced user

Default Re: Catalog and other extensions not approved for 2.7.6

Its just such a mission to update all your extensions and test them for the latest version, that we kind have to skip versions for approval. It works ok.

You have to create a tree hierarchy in the taxonomy -- the wiki was not converted correctly, so some manuals were lost in the transfer process to the new TL development website (the 2nd one already). First create a root element for your sub-elements. This works exactly like the site structure.

Then in your catalog you can choose that root point as your parent to show all its children.

User

Default Re: Catalog and other extensions not approved for 2.7.6

Thanks again thyon.

It was just me thinking with the first element was a item in a single taxonomy.
    Once I got the first element defined then I could see all the tree structure options and I was away