Thread: Can't add data to catalog with a single field

User

Default Can't add data to catalog with a single field

*** The problem in this post may be cause by "non approved extensions" - see my other post. ****

I'm following the guide http://dev.typolight.org/wiki/typoli...ensionsCatalog

In the section about valid field types it states:
    single selection drop-down from a database list (taxonomy module, another catalog or your own reference database)
    I've defined a table (catlog) of about 8 fields, 2 of which are select. I initially defined them as text and then went and defined 2 reference catalogs (tables) each of a single field (the list of choices) and defined them as type Taxonomy.

I then went back and changed the 2 fields in the main table from text to select and then selected the associated reference tables (catalogs) and for each the single field in those tables. So far so good.

I then went to add some data to the reference tables but no data entry box is displayed! The attached screen shot shows what I see.

I'm stuck! Help appreciated.

P.S. See my other post about trying to use the taxonomy tree method
    P.S. all the image urls in the guide http://dev.typolight.org/wiki/typoli...ensionsCatalog gives a 404

Experienced user

Default Re: Can't add data to catalog with a single field

Like I said, we know about the wiki. But after doing the wiki 3 times over and each time a new development system is used, we have to move all the content off the TL dev server -- as leo is not officially providing wiki's anymore. I'm just too busy with work to spend any time on doing that as well.

Did you install all the relevant widgets as well. There are a few needed for the correct functioning of the module. Just install catalog_ext and the others will automatically be installed.

User

Many thanks thyon for a prompt reply - you must be glued to your PC

Did you install all the relevant widgets as well.
    I did check them all but to be safe will reinstall catalog_ext again.

User

I did get them to work by changing the single field type from Taxonomy to Text.

However, now I have the TL Extension Taxonomy working I'm using that rather than set up my own index tables.