Thread: Cache problems in the backend with IE

User

Default Cache problems in the backend with IE

Hi all
    I can't seem to put my finger on a cache problem. It's different from the usual cash problems with IE. Thow it definitely has a connection to IE it's not the usuall change of settings in the browser.
    I think it's the easiest if I illustrate this in an example.

In the backend I choose an article and make a copy of an excisting content element. After saving it and going back to the overal page of the article, I only see the new content-element if I make a [ctrl-f5] refresh.
    It even effects sometimes the logon part. When I log into the backend it doesn't go further, thow the credentials are correct. Only a refresh helps.
    Offcourse Mozilla doesn't have this problem. This all seemes to point at the usual browserissues with IE.

But now comes the part that makes it nasty :twisted: .
    We have 2 webservers where typolight is being hosted. They are both WAMP servers, manually installed. So not out of the box. If hosted on the older webserver there is no cache problem. If hosted on the newer one there is.
    Old dmz:
    Apache: 2.0.55
    php: 5.1.1
    mysql: 5.0
    TL ver: 2.7.2
    New dmz
    Apache: 2.2.14
    PHP: 5.2.12
    Mysql: 5.2.12
    TL ver: 2.7.2
    cacheproblems occurs with Browsers IE6 IE8
    My guess is that the problem lies within a setting in Apache that effects IE and in this case manifesting itself in the backend of TL. I do not know how to reproduce this issue with another website/ app or another test.
    Any suggestions, hints, etc would be very much appreciated.
    Thnx Atti !

User

Default Re: Cache problems in the backend with IE

update:
    - Just updated TL to 2.7.6, problem remains the same
    - I seem to have found a workaround. By using the IE Console [F12] i can make an adjustment (see img). It is still not a normal way of adjusting the browser for an editor.

Thow still the 'cause of the problem isn't clear because on the one webserver it works fine and here ....
    Still jurning for a solution...
    Atti

Experienced user

It sounds like this won't solve your problem, but it's worth trying: turn on displayErrors (http://www.typolight.org/faq-reader/ite ... light.html).

Since they are different servers, maybe the system time is not exactly correct. Have a look at this FAQ: http://www.typolight.org/faq-reader/ite ... lorer.html

User

Found it
    Solved it!!
    :D :D :D
    It all came down to a setting in php.
    The "session.cache_limiter" was set to "private" in stead of "nocache". Why the hell the "wiseman" changed this ...:?

Thow I changed this setting previously with no succes it all depended on closing all your browsers b4 testing ops:
    Thnx Ben 4 thinkling along
    Atti