Thread: [dma_elementgenerator] Create content elements and modules

New user

Default [dma_elementgenerator] Create content elements and modules

Hello!

This extensions allows to create own content elements and frontend modules. This gives you the possibility to maintain unique content structures on your site. (Using permissions you can even force users just to use your own content elements)

To do this, you can create your own element under "Elementgenerator". Choose a name, a category (the headline under which it appears in the content element/modules list) and wether it will be shown as a content element and/or frontend module. After this, you can define the form fields used for your content element.

To format your output, you can either change the standard template "dma_eg_default.tpl" or you can define your own template (beginning with "dma_eg_").

Current version:
    dma_elementgenerator 0.0.1 beta2

Changelog
    • 0.0.1 beta1 build 11: Initial Version. Not all backend widgets can be used[/*:m:2a81d90p]
    • 0.0.1 beta1 build 13: Make use of the richtexteditor in textareas[/*:m:2a81d90p]
    • 0.0.1 beta1 build 17: Bug correction[/*:m:2a81d90p]
    • 0.0.1 beta2 build 1: Bug correction, template correction, some translations, correction of the database field named "default" now called "default_value" due to a database error[/*:m:2a81d90p]
    • 0.0.1 beta2 build 7: noyance when creating new elements corrected, deleting element now deletes connected content elements and modules[/*:m:2a81d90p]
    • 0.0.1 beta2 build 15: Default value is now used[/*:m:2a81d90p]
    • 0.0.1 beta2 build 23: Allows individual classes for each field, "Default value" removed from some fields, when unused[/*:m:2a81d90p]

Roadmap:

• 0.0.1 stable: clean bugs, minor feature requests, documentation[/*:m:2a81d90p]
    • 0.0.2:
      [list:2a81d90p]
    • Make use of Widgets defined by other extensions
      [/*:m:2a81d90p]
    • better handling of images, including "meta.txt" and gallery
    • New templating
    [/*:m:2a81d90p][/list:u:2a81d90p]

Hope this is useful for you!
    Carsten Kollmeier
    Twitter: staenomat / Blog: Punk 2.0 / Donate

Experienced user

Default Re: [dma_elementgenerator] Create content elements and modules

Hi Carsten,

This extension came out literally the same day I needed it. The client wanted to add their own testimonials to a page on the site -- both written and video. With your extension it was a snap to create 2 custom content elements that he could just drop in. It seems stable enough for use now -- would you agree?

I just want to say I think it is a brilliant extension -- it perfectly fills the gap where you want to give users the ability to add content that needs to be in a specific format/template, but the Catalog is kind of overkill. I can't wait to see the future changes you have planned.

Thanks again for you hard work.
    Brian

P.S. BTW, Are you set up to accept donations?
    Brian

New user

Hi Medianomaly,

Im glad to hear that someone makes use of the extension.

I was testing back and force, and for now I found no bugs anymore. I will write some documentation the next days and wait for feedback before I will declare this extension officialy stable.

New features will come as soon this 0.0.1 release is stable.

And finally: I added a "Donate"-Button in the extension repository, which means: Of course I accept donations. :-)

New user

Hello!

I am glad to announce the new version of this extension.

I made some last (minor) changes to the 0.0.1 version - as far as no failures are found by others (I didn't find them) this version can be considered "quite stable".

I will do some final testing before calling this version officialy stable.

New features as announced in the roadmap (first post) will become part of version "0.0.2".

Carsten

Experienced user

Default Re: [dma_elementgenerator] Create content elements and modul

Staen,

I was wondering if you are still developing this extension, and plan to update to "officially" support 2.9x.

This is one of my favorite extensions. And I promise to make good on my promise to contribute -- I have a client that's been held up and it's keeping me from getting final payment.

B
    Brian