Thread: unable to manualy upgrade Typolight (new question)

New user

Default unable to manualy upgrade Typolight (new question)

Hi,
    I tried to upgrade Typolight today, from 3.6 to 3.7. The fact is, it desn't work.

At first after the installation i got this message on the install.php webpage :
    Code:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (i don't remember the details)
    I tried to fix it through the Safe Mode Hack. Now i get this answer on a white page when i try to open install.php :
    Code:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/42/d267181694/htdocs/system/config/localconfig.php:1) in /homepages/42/d267181694/htdocs/system/libraries/System.php on line 461
    Answer : My mistake. I had opened localconfig with notepad, the file was somewhat altered. I made a new one with notepad++, this part of the installation is ok now.

Update :
    In the TYPOlight install tool, my new error message is this one :
    Update database tables

The database is not up to date!

Please note that this update assistant has only been tested with MySQL and MySQLi databases. If you are using a different database (e.g. Oracle), you might have to install/update your database manually. In this case, please go to folder system/modules and search all its subfolders for files called dca/database.sql.
    But I have no other error message on the page (like : wich part of the database is not up to date) : everything looks ok.

User

Default Re: unable to manualy upgrade Typolight

Your localconfig.php is messed up. Make sure to clean all spaces before <?php and after last ?> - there must be no spaces at the end of the file.
    S.C.A.R.E

New user

Are you sure this is my localconfig.php ?
    I checked : no space before nor after the balise. I still get the same message :
    Code:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/42/d267181694/htdocs/system/config/localconfig.php:1) in /homepages/42/d267181694/htdocs/system/libraries/System.php on line 461

New user

My mistake. I had opened localconfig with notepad, the file was somewhat altered. I made a new one with notepad++, this part of the installation is ok now.

In the TYPOlight install tool, my new error message is this one :
    Update database tables

The database is not up to date!

Please note that this update assistant has only been tested with MySQL and MySQLi databases. If you are using a different database (e.g. Oracle), you might have to install/update your database manually. In this case, please go to folder system/modules and search all its subfolders for files called dca/database.sql.
    But I have no other error message on the page (like : wich part of the database is not up to date) : everything looks ok.

User

Default Re: unable to manualy upgrade Typolight (new question)

Well, if you run install.php, it should take care of db update. A list of changes that are to be done to your db should be displayed. You just click update Maybe you could post a screenshot?
    S.C.A.R.E

New user

Default Re: unable to manualy upgrade Typolight (new question)

My mistake. My english is not that good, I did not understood the process.
    Everything is fine right now.
    Thanks !