Thread: xBrowser styles?

New user

Default xBrowser styles?

Where are they?

Experienced user

Default Re: xBrowser styles?

I believe they were removed from the distribution with TL 2.8.0. Leo - care to chime in on this?

Core developer
    Official Contao Team

Yes, they have been removed.

Experienced user

Is there somewhere that people can easily get these, because I can see this question coming up a lot since my screencast references this. I guess they would be in a 2.7.x release, right?

New user

How about that! I appealed to your celebrity without trying.

You're right, Ben. Your screen cast and some other resources using the steps are out there and are referenced by many. The files need to be called out prominently.

In the meantime, I am in my second week with Typolight and can't get anything on a page. I can see that the paradigm for Typolight is different. Articles and pages and all. I guess the end result is normally the same, but with Typolight it isn't; there's some thing there worth sticking with. Maybe finishing the screencast will push me over the edge.

I await Leo's decision.

BTW In a previous incarnation, I did some technical content delivery for a large ssoftware company. Once I get hold of thereins, I would look tho pay back. Don't do German though.

Experienced user

Snooze,

I never did the followup screencast for 2 reason: I don't have too much time for unpaid volunteerships (read: TYPOlight) and the follow-up topics would have all been css / layout issues, which basically transcend typolight and go onto issues beyond our scope. There are some new free templates coming out soon (I think) along with the templates sold on http://www.inetrobots.com.

Core developer
    Official Contao Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Is there somewhere that people can easily get these
    Your screencast and the xBrowser style sheets refer to TYPOlight 2.2. If you download this version (or a later version before 2.8), they will be in the .zip archive. However, the style sheets are not fully compatible with at least version 2.7, which is why they have been removed.

New user

Hello - I'm new to TL. I come form T3 - mostly because TL opposed to T3 has a lot cleaner look and feel and it seemed to be a more wholesome open-source product. Easy to start up and with a much lower learning curve - BUT - now I realize the documentation for the present version is obsolete and the documentation I can buy is in German. I'm sorry but I really think the TL team should either bring the site up to date or remove untruthful documentation and videos. You have a really good product here but it seems like your on route to commercialize TL.

Please make a QUICK START guide that get us newbies up and running fast. The rest is easy. I'll gladly pay for it if it is in English.

Core developer
    Official Contao Team

The online user and developer guide is up to date.