Thread: View table data in BE

User

Default View table data in BE

Is there a way to view the table data in the back end. I made a form using the formgenerator. I wanted to view the data stored in the table using the form. Right now i use phpMyAdmin to see the data entered. I wanted to know a way to do that in the Typolight BE. I kinda searched the entensions. Didnt really find anything. Fouble a tableTree extension but i think that just lists the tables.

Default Re: View table data in BE

Did you tried Listing? under modules>applications>listing
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

User

Well i didnt know about this module. But i tried it out. Thats sort of what i want. But instead of listing it in the FE, i want to list the data in the BE.
    The thing is there is some data in a table that i would like the administrator to view when he logins the BE.
    Is there anyway that is possible?

Experienced user

Blessan,

Take a look at these two extensions. They do exactly what you want.

http://www.typolight.org/extension-list ... 99.en.html
    http://www.typolight.org/extension-list ... 19.en.html

User

Thanks for the reply. I did try the EFG extension. The thing is I dont really know how to use it. Till now all I know is to create forms using it. How to we list the data of a table using it ?

Experienced user

Try formauto. It does what you need.

User

Well i kinda got what i was lookin for. For a minute didnt see the small table button on the right side. But last i found it and got the data listed. Now i gotta try it while to see how the different options work. Thanks for the help.
    Is there documentation on how to make modules that display data in the backend? I already found the one about making backend modules for displaying data in FE. And its goin fine. Thanks for the help again.

Experienced user

I'm not sure about any docs. Ask around over here: viewforum.php?f=9

Experienced user

I take it you want to see all the responses sent from the form.

If you want to make your own module for this specific form you only really need a dca/tablename.php matching the table and fields already set up by you, and a languages/en/tablename.php file also matching the fields, and a config/config.php and languages/en/module.php file to install the module in the backend.
    You don't need any classes(unless you wish to expand the module to do something else), or any templates/.tpl files (as you're not passing anything to the front end, or a config/database.sql (as your table/fields exist already).

So its like the cd example, but with no frontend stuff and no table creation.

What your module will do is view the records that exist in the table that the form is posting to, and also allow you to add to/edit/delete thse records.

well if,
    Thats sort of what i want. But instead of listing it in the FE, i want to list the data in the BE.
    Why not just make a unpublished/hidden from Navigation Page. To which admins have access anyway.
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

User

I need to try what ramjet just said. I let u know after im done. I also thought about the hidden page solution. But my boss wanted everyinfo related to the site in the BE. That was the goal. Was able to get the desired data after i used the form auto extension.