Thread: Form generator error when submitting.

New user

Default Form generator error when submitting.

So i updated my TYPOlight installation and i start getting these errors one error i posted in the extension support forum regarding catalog. But this one i am getting is from the form generator so i hope i am posting it at the right place.

Wel before i updated my TYPOlight installation it worked just fine, but now after the update i am getting this error after submitting a form:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception Swift_RfcComplianceException with message Address in mailbox given [] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2. thrown in /customers/yourcare-cosmetics.nl/yourcare-cosmetics.nl/httpd.www/plugins/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php on line 309

i hope any knows what the problem is because i don't know :P

Experienced user

Default Re: Form generator error when submitting.

message Address in mailbox given [] does not comply with RFC 2822
    just a guess, but Swift Mailer does not like an email address of {nothing} to send to somewhere in your form?

New user

Thanks for your reply but that seems a bit strange. I did enter a e-mail adres into my form generator where he needs to send stuff to.

So i deleted my form a made it again. Now he does send the mail but now i get another fancy error:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Policy restriction in effect. The fifth parameter is disabled on this system in /customers/yourcare-cosmetics.nl/yourcare-cosmetics.nl/httpd.www/plugins/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Transport/SimpleMailInvoker.php on line 50

So i went to take a look and the code in that file is:

Code:
      public function mail($to, $subject, $body, $headers = null, $extraParams = null)
      {
        if (!ini_get('safe_mode'))
        {
          return mail($to, $subject, $body, $headers, $extraParams);
        }
        else
        {
          return mail($to, $subject, $body, $headers);      
        }
      }

}
    Does he act like he is in safe mode or something?

Experienced user

I had a problem after upgrading to 2.8.0 where TL didn't like email recipients with a comma in the name. For instance, I entered a recipient of:
    Code:
    TYPO, light and Associates [typo@light.com]
    After removing the comma, it worked properly.