Thread: Cant get sub Navigation to work

New user

Default Cant get sub Navigation to work

Hi all,
    Thanks for the help you've been given me so far!

However within my website i am experiencing one problem.

I cannot get sub navigation to work. I want to have subnavigation within one of my main pages. I want to place it on the left hand side.

I have a main navigation along the top of the website, however i would like to have sub-nav so there is not too many options in the main navigation.

When i try to make a sub navigation. The pages i make appear on top of the main naviagtion, It is extremely frustating.
    I would like them to appear within a particular page on the left.

Many thanks

Aoife

Experienced user

Default Re: Cant get sub Navigation to work

First off -- did you make a separate module for your left-hand sub navigation, and place that in one of your page layouts?

Once you do that, play with the start and stop limit settings for both navigation modules until you get the "levels" you want.
    Brian

New user

Hi,

Thanks so much for replying and helping.

yes i have a seperate module for the left navigation and it is in a different layout. However it is still not working. I have played with the start and stop limits, yet it is still appearing on top of my main navigation.

I dont know what i could be doing wrong???

Thanks again

Aoife

New user

I have now managed to get the subnavigation working in a particular page with your help.

However is stilll appears on top of my main naviagtion too?? i dont want it to appear at all on the horizontal navigation just the vertical one?

Experienced user

For your horizontal navigation, make sure you choose a start limit of 0, a stop limit of 1, and check "hard limit".
    Brian