Thread: Quickpoll 1.8.1 under Typolight 2.8.1

User

Default Quickpoll 1.8.1 under Typolight 2.8.1

This is my first Typolight installation and Quickpoll my first module, so my question may be more generic.
    I have installed Quickpoll 1.8.1 under Typolight 2.8.1 using the extension manager (although this combination is not supported). The poll seems to work fine, but my language extension and the color bars are not working. I have copied the *.tpl files in my templates folder and the quickpoll.css in the html folder. So should this work, and if so, where do I go wrong?

(I did get this to work on a trial install with typolight 2.7 by simply copying the style sheets, but as I am now using an inet robots template I am afraid that changing style sheets may create other issues).

Experienced user

Default Re: Quickpoll 1.8.1 under Typolight 2.8.1

don't worry about the "compatibility" -- I'm not a pro developer, so I just get behind flagging the extensions as compatible with the new versions.

The quickpoll is fully compatible with the latest version, nothing in TL has changed with rendering the templates. It looks like this is purely just a CSS issue. You can import the quickpoll.css (place it in tl_files/*, and then import it into the CSS editor) and then you can include your css file into your layout. My extension does NOT include any CSS files, so you still have to manually include it or use the built-in css editor (and import first).

User

Thyon,

Thanks for your swift response. As proposed I used "CSS import" to import quickpoll.css. Then I selected the module that I created earlier and entered "quickpoll" into the "Style sheet ID and class" field. I could then see "quickpoll [all]"at the style sheet page and the quickpoll templates at the template page. But it still did not work.

Next I went to the option "page layout". My quickpoll module was used at a default page and I therefore selected the default page layout. Under the option "style sheets" I added the tick under the option "quickpoll". That was enough to get it working. I wonder why I did not see that before.

All seems to work fine now and I do not experience any difficulties.
    Overall quickpoll is a very nice module.

Thank you for this.

Experienced user

You have to still check [x] quickpoll in the CSS files in the Page Layout. You added quickpoll to the ID/CSS which is not correct, that only assigns a classname to the module, it doesn't assign the CSS file to the page.