Thread: My blog about TYPOlight

User

Default My blog about TYPOlight

Hi

I launched a blog about TYPOlight few days ago. You can find it here - http://blog.qzminski.com/

Any feedback is welcome!

PS I hope this topic doesn't break the forum rules :roll:

Experienced user

Default Re: My blog about TYPOlight

Thats really great Tru. Useful, to the point and elegant! good effort. I've used your superfish tutorial already, and although I installed DBbackup I've never used it as i'm far too lazy to actually do it! so your article on combining it with scheduler inspired me. :D

oh...you might want to add to your superfish tutorial a line about actually connecting to the jquery.js script in here:

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="plugins/jquery/superfish/css/superfish.css" type="text/css" media="screen">  
    <script type="text/javascript" src="plugins/jquery/superfish/js/superfish.js"></script>  
    <script type="text/javascript">  
    // initialise plugins  
    jQuery(function(){  
    jQuery('ul.level_1').addClass('sf-menu'); // apply demo's CSS  
    jQuery('ul.level_1').superfish();  
    });  
    </script>

Experienced user

Hey, this is fantastic. Great resource, and really great blog design, by the way. I think these are exactly the kinds of resources TL needs for the community to grow.

And I love your post about the Backup Plug-in -- I really wish more extension developers would provide that kind friendly but complete information. (Why anyone would take the time to write and share an extension, but only provide an 8-word description and nothing else, is beyond my comprehension. It doesn't do the community much good either.)

I would love to see stuff for developers as well. Right now we have the (dated) CD catalog tutorial, the Developer's Guide (which is great but only seems to provide part of the picture), and the API (which I can't make heads or tails of). Aside from that, the only way to learn how to develop is to look at someone else's code. I'd love to start learning, but really don't know where to begin.

And if this were ever to evolve to a point where it became a TL "hub" and you are looking for contributors, I'd definitely be interested in that.
    Brian

User

I am glad you like it :D

@ramjet
    Thanks for tip, I have modified the code as you suggested.

@Medianomaly
    I am planning to create a new CD Catalog tutorial, with categories and maybe other features. The main point of this howto will be to show how to create a module that handles two tables (parent table and child table).

I will also try to post more posts in dev category, but I am not a pro phper so don't expect high quality tuts

Experienced user

don't expect high quality tuts
    The simpler the better Tru, theres plenty of highly technical info available, but its the babysteps stuff thats mostly missing. A lot is available in the forums but often hard to find, or spread over different threads, or in German on the other forum (thats just the nature of forums).
    Keep doing like youre doing and you'll fill a niche.
    When I say really great, I really mean really really great (i can't let Medianomaly out-compliment my compliment)

Experienced user

Tru,

The blog looks amazing and the information is great! I'm looking forward to your future posts!

New user

just subscribed in your RSS feed ! ! !
    congratulations

User

Thanks for positive feedback :D

User

Hi everyone

I recently posted the last part of custom TYPOlight module tutorial.
    Here is part one, part two and part three.

It was my first attempt to create a bigger tutorial. I hope I didn't ruin it.

Please share your opinion

Experienced user

Fantastic :D
    Great to see your blog growing... theres some good articles in there.
    If I was Chief-in-charge-of-Awards I'd give you one.