Thread: problem with margin of head and main div

New user

Default problem with margin of head and main div

hi all,

i have some problems with the margin-top of the main and header div. everytime i insert a margin-top, the whole outer div for ecxample when i insert an margin-top to the header, the wrapper div moves down,but not the header div.

same for the main div, when i insert an margin-top to the main div the whole content div moves down.

when i insert a margin for the left div (on 2 col layout) the div moves down without problems.

i use the normal typolight css framework!

anyone who has an idea?

thx for help

User

Default Re: problem with margin of head and main div

You must be targeting the wrong div. Check the HTML code to see if the elements are labeled the way you think they are.

New user

hi,

thy for your answer, i fixed by adding abdolute and relative positions to the style sheet. a problem for me was to understand that the main table is the middle one of an 2 or 3 col design!

thx

User

Quote Originally Posted by bcit6k
    hi,

thy for your answer, i fixed by adding abdolute and relative positions to the style sheet. a problem for me was to understand that the main table is the middle one of an 2 or 3 col design!

thx
    Just curious: where did you expect the main area to be? Perhaps the container around left, middle and right?

ow, ps, don't call the areas "table"; some people might misinterpret and hang you for it :lol: Actually it doesn't matter what you call them: division, area, part, column or whatever. But "table" might get you in trouble :P

New user

hi,

sorry for callign it table, i know its an div .
    when i choose a 2 or 3 col layout i expect an left middle ans right area.
    but i get an left main and right area. so for me the main area is around the left middle and right area, but in this case is
    the main area the middle area of the layout. that was an little bit confusing for me !

User

I think, though I'm not sure, that this is done because the main area will always be there, but is only really the "middle" if both the left and right columns exist. Left and right are always correct if they appear. But I think that assuming they'd always be used as left and right is not correct; I haven't on several occasions.