Thread: Single article module?

New user

Default Single article module?

Hi,
    I'd like to add to my right column a wrapped accordion with links. The most elegant way I can find is to create an article with such an accordion and show it on the right column. The problem is, that I'd like it to appear on every page, which forces me to add the same article to every page :roll: . Doing it this way could do the job as long as I don't want to change some links

Does anybody know if there is any "single article module" which could be just added to page layout? Unfortunately there is no accordion in news - I thought it could be done by just adding a news reader module for archive with one news (containing my accordion). Another try was to do similar thing using the "Random Article" extension, but it seams that it doesn't work with v2.8 :cry:

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance for any help!

User

Default Re: Single article module?

Hi Rajmund!

I used this method myself;
    - Create a new page in your site structure. Don't publish it and hide it from navigation.
    - In that page, create an article with your accordion and whatever. Make sure it's published.
    - Create a new module of type HTML and use the insert tag
    Code:
    {{insert_article::*}}
    where * is the ID of the article created earlier.
    - Add the module to the right column in your layout in the Layout module.

That's it really!

You can reuse your "hidden" page for other similar tasks. Pretty handy actually.

User

Method above is the one I would advise as well.

But I'd like to point out the content element article alias. Using with the method suggested in the start post would mean you'd still only have to change the article contents in just one place. This is different of what Rajmund wanted to use :D

New user

That was simple Thanks a lot!

It's always the same - I read docs roughly and overlook some fundamental features like Insert Tags in this case :roll:
    Moral: never disregard the User's Manual :D

PS with every minute I'm becoming more and more convinced, that TL is a creation of some genius :D It's just brilliant :!:

User

If only we knew who made it

Experienced user

Probably some old French guy