Thread: So close, yet so far. Filter not working..at all

User

Default So close, yet so far. Filter not working..at all

I've managed to make my reader pages with a large level of success, now, I'm looking at ways of navigating and traversing the catalog.

I have a page with the lister module displaying the list of items I have. Looks good so far. I then add the Catalog Filter module to the same page. I can see the H1 headline, but, that's it. It doesn't generate any other kind of data. I've gone into the module settings and checked off every single item listed without effect. What am I missing?

Second, I have the taxonomy setup for the categories I need and have setup a select field to choose them in the product. I would like to make a working navigation menu that will let you click a category, filter the list, then let you choose the item. So far, using the navigation module, I can create a tree of categories, but, they don't actually link to anything that works. I cannot seem to locate any actual examples that would show how this is even supposed to work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you - Brian

User

Default Re: So close, yet so far. Filter not working..at all

What version of the catalog are you using? If you are using v0.3.x and ext v0.8.x then do the settings look anything like these in the attached image? Also, did you select the correct catalog (if you have multiple)? And does your catalog have any items yet? I believe the filter leaves out options/values that are not yet used.
    [attachment=0:zdxbcg9d]Untitled-1.jpg[/attachment:zdxbcg9d]

User

My apologies, I should provide more information when asking for help.

I'm using v2 alpha and I have one catalog with a few items. I've inserted the filter module on the page with the lister module. The lister module is working fine, but the only thing that shows when adding the filter is the H1 header. Looking at the setup, it matches the same settings as the example you posted.

Even looking at the page source, there is nothing generated other than the the surrounding DIV with class "mod_catalogfilter" and the H1 header inside that. I've changed from the default to the widget template with no effect. I've also added the module as a part of the page layout with the same effect. Would I be better off going back to the v0.3.x and ext v0.8.x?

User

To see if I could get this working at all, I created a new dev website and installed a clean copy of Typolight 2.8.1 and the Music Academy template. Installed Catalog Alpha 2 and the Backend_filterwiz (didn't seem to be present by just installing the catalog v2). I then imported my catalog data from my working site. The filter and navigation worked just fine. So, My conclusion so far is there has got to be an incompatible module of some kind installed (I have many). Since the site is mostly done, I can do without the catalog for now and will work to implement it on the next one.