Thread: Customizing backend show and list screens

User

Default Customizing backend show and list screens

I'm currently tryinng to develop my first extension, to manage recipes in a tl_recipes table, with ingredients details in a tl_recipes_lines child table. Each recipe will be assigned 1 to 3 categories, that will determine on which page(s) it will be displayed; categories are managed with the regular tl_page table, as I only need an id and a title.

[attachment=0:208oginv]Capture-75.png[/attachment:208oginv]

As for now, the recipes and their corresponding ingredients lines can be created/updated via the backend, and the tables content is OK. What remains to be done in the backend - and I have no idea how to do that - is:

1- in the show page, display a thumbnail instead of the recipe photo filename, and the categories names (= pages titles) instead of their ids.

[attachment=2:208oginv]Capture-73.png[/attachment:208oginv]

2- in the list page, populate the categories filter boxes, that remain empty, though the categories names appear in the list.

[attachment=1:208oginv]Capture-77.png[/attachment:208oginv]

Tnanks for helping.

User

Default Re: Customizing backend show and list screens

Anybody can help?
    The Catalog extension allows to filter on foreign-key values, so there might be some way to achieve this.

Thanks for hints and ideas.

User

I think the only way to achieve point 1 is to create own backend template. Take a look at ModuleMaintenance.php to see how it works.

User

Thanks for the hint. I'll have a look.

Anybody has an idea about point 2, populating filter boxes with values from another table using foreign keys?

Experienced user

if you use the Articles/Content as a template, you should be able to set-up your Recipe/Ingredients in exactly the same way...

you have to specify the filter as field in your dca, then you refer to that field. The field can then be set-up as member groups are (this allows you to create a field that does a lookup and then you can use the field in your filter:

Code:
    		'groups' => array
    		(
    			'label'                   => &$GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['tl_content']['groups'],
    			'exclude'                 => true,
    			'inputType'               => 'checkbox',
    			'foreignKey'              => 'tl_member_group.name',
    			'eval'                    => array('mandatory'=>true, 'multiple'=>true)
    		),