I have a similar question in the newbie forum, but looking at this again maybe I need to ask in the efg forum.

You'll have to bear with me here as I'm a little lost as to how to what where and with what in Typolight. Some bits of the application are really cool and very easy to use and some just leave me scratching my head. This is one of them.

Here's the situation - I have a user signup form which was generated with efg because I wanted to be able to send a copy of the submitted information to the user. The information is stored in two places now - in added fields in tl_member and in 'form data' within the back end. This is fine.

However, let's say I want to add more data to the records or I want the coaches at each age group to be able to add in data . . . how do I do this ? For example, maybe the coaches want to add in notes, or assign players to the As, Bs, etc . . . I can certainly do this the very hard way in the database back end (outside of TL) but it's going to take ages.

I thought I could add in a module where the coaches could access their players records and edit their records and 'listing form data' seemed to fit the bill, but . . .
1) it only accesses the 'form data' area - this of course makes sense based on the title, but I want to edit the tl_member data. Do changes to 'form data' automatically get pushed down to the backend database ?
2) most importantly although there is an option for editing in the module definition I can't see on screen how to edit. Is this the 'doesn't work with TL2.8' bit ?

I don't know if I'm asking the right thing, or asking it in the right place so if I'm not please someone point me in the correct direction and I'll go ask there.

The short version of what I'm looking for is how to edit database-stored information within TL ? Do I need to get with the perl & SQL and write something up from scratch ? Or is there a handy function right there in front of me that I'm just missing ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

z

[edit] - I just checked my question 1) above by editing something under form data and it didn't get pushed down to the back end. Hmm . . . I need this data in tl_member (or I think I do) so what the value in having it in 'form data' ? This is not a criticism of efg (far from it), but really I just don't know what to do with it. Is there a manual or user guide showing the options, how to use it, etc ?