Thread: News archive menu module - can't pick nav template?

New user

Default News archive menu module - can't pick nav template?

Hello,
    I have my main website menu styled one way using the provided .mod classes and the .active class. I then created a second navigation template for use with my sub menus. This template assigns the active link the sub_active class so that I can have the active link styled differently than the main menu.

I was trying to do this same thing with the news archive menu so I made a template to assign the news_active class to the active link. When I go to the news archive menu model there is no place to select a navigation template like there is on the custom navigation modules.

Is there another way I should be going about doing this. The menus are used differently on the website and need different looks.
    Thanks for any help you all can give.
    -Daniel

User

Default Re: News archive menu module - can't pick nav template?

You can probably edit the only news navigation module template. Copy it to the templates folder or use tls backend template functions to do it. I did not check though

New user

Default Re: News archive menu module - can't pick nav template?

Thank you for the reply, and you are in fact correct. I actually figured out that I had to edit the archive news menu module template about 2 minutes after I posted this. I tried to come back and post that I had figured it out, but I guess new posts need to be approved so I couldn't at the time.