Thread: Annoying screen flash in IE

User

Default Annoying screen flash in IE

Hello,

I tried to search this forum for a similar question, but haven't found it yet.

I'm building a website for a client, but when you switch pages from the menu, there is an annoying flash on the screen (in IE, not FF).
    This is the link to the testsite: [eliminated so it doesn't get indexed by Google - it's just a test site]

I tried adding cache to pages, but that didn't work. Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks in advance,
    Emiel

User

Default Re: Annoying screen flash in IE

Yes, you should dtop trying to get that out because it is normal. Even Tweakers flashes, and they have ridiculous hardware and a very fast framework.

There is a transition effect that IE supports that may work for you. It lets you fade from one page into another. But that is IE only afaik... :cry:

User

That's really helpful, using that IE page transition in the meta tag, thanks. It's not ideal, but using a fast transition eliminates that annoying white flash in IE (it's not really a problem in FF).

User

I think it would be better if you didn't do onEnter and onExit. If you'd use only onEnter it would look better (or at least that is what I remember from way back when I used it)