Thread: Mobile Typolight

User

Default Mobile Typolight

I have been using Typolight quite a bit lately whilst out an about for the following scenarios:

1) Client training
    2) Demonstrations and presentations
    3) Urgent changes to websites

I use a laptop with an integrated SIM card reader.

The problem is, when in the Back End, I consistently getting logged out. I am unsure why this would happen.

Any ideas why and what possible solutions would be?

Default Re: Mobile Typolight

Did you check out settings > Timeout values > Session Time out .
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

User

Hi tsarma, pretty sure it's not that. Session timeout is set to 3600 (60 mins). I can login, spend less than 30 seconds, editing a document hit save, and (DOH!) it's logged me out

Experienced user

There might be a situation where the timezone your laptop is in, differs from the TL timezone. Then you might get logged out. I logged a bug-report for this, when logging into european websites where the timezone is more than 2 hours from South Africa (UK) and then this tends to happen sometimes. You can increase your timeout to compensate for the 2 hours diff.

Or your IP might also change due to using the mobile network. Make sure it stays the same (you might want to use VPN tunneling – dunno for sure if this works) or disable the IP check (increased risk).

User

Default Re: Mobile Typolight keeps logging out *SOLVED*

Hi John And Fred,

Really appreciate your help with this!!

Checking "Disable IP check" in setting cured my problem.

Seems like my SIM card was/is constantly changing IP numbers.

Although it was not the cause of my problem this time, also good to be aware off the time difference issue. Sure to come across that at some point in the future.

Many thanks,

Gary.

Experienced user

Hey... Yep, that is also the case on my iMac DEV machine. I always have to disable IP check. This is becoming a LOT more pronounced, especially when providers are doing constant proxying of IP addresses, so EVERY connection you make to an international destination your IP changes to the destination server. This makes communication a nightmare... when they are expecting a constant IP... The operators just think but you're mostly using http anyway, right?