Thread: Suckerfish menu not working in IE7

User

Default Suckerfish menu not working in IE7

I'm working on this website: http://www.emiel-stopler.nl / david

(Almost) everything works fine, but I can't get the 1-level suckerfish menu to work in IE7.
    It's built as follows:

Code:
    <div id="header">
       <div class="mod_navigation block">

<ul class="level_1">[*]item 1[*]item 2
                <ul class="level_2">[*]subitem 1
                   etc.[/list]

etc.[/list]

</div>
    </div>
    In the styling, the header has a relative position and the mod_navigation div is absolutely positioned, with
    Code:
    top: 170px;
    thus displaying the menu at the bottom of the header div. It works fine in IE8, but in IE7, you can't click the subitems. When you eliminate the "top: 170px;" (thus displaying the menu item at the top of the header div), the subitems work fine, but I would like it to work at the bottom of the header div, obviously.

Does anybody have any ideas?

New user

Default Re: Suckerfish menu not working in IE7

The issue here is to Z-index your header something like Z-Index:2 and your content div to something lower like Z-index:1.
    I bet your screaming at me that you use relative positioning and not absolute. Well just do it and it should work and I can't explain it myself.

User

Thanks for your reply. I'd tried everything I could think of with the z-index, but no luck. I managed to solve the issue by completely rebuilding the site and using that as a template, instead of using the TL framework (if you know what I mean).

User

johan is actually right, you probably didn't try this. IE has a z-index bug where it resets the z-index stack for elements that are higher up in the html structure. This is exactly what seems to happen in the case you describe.

I thought this being a suckerfish issue you could find a solution yourself, and you did :D Well done...

Weer een les geleerd!