Thread: Installing typolight

New user

Default Installing typolight

Hi guys, I'm busy installing typolight on Slackware virtual box, I completed extracting the files and actually accessing the install.php file on the browser and now I want to start installing typolight but the problem now is the Typolight install tool requires me to enter the fTP hostname, Typolight directory info , FTP username and FTP password, now the question is were do I get those credentials from, Ive tried entering the ip address of the FTP server but it still doesnt work, now wen I go to the login page in deed I do not know the default username. Please help

User

Default Re: Installing typolight

In 4 days you probably found out, but for future reference.

I've never had the install tool require me to fill in those credentials, but you need a valid ftp server and the credentials you usually get from the hosting provider OR when you administer the server you should know the credentials or be able to create an FTP account.

When you've completed the installation you have entered the default login info yourself, so if you cannot log in I'd say you didn't finish installation?

Can someone else confirm that safe mode or whatever other restriction on the server causes the install tool to require ftp credentials? I've never had to...